Friday, August 29, 2008

A First For Everything


This last month Carter has experience some of his "Firsts". These are not only Carter's "firsts" but ours as well. They were so much fun that I had to blog them so I wouldnt forget how memorable they were to us as parents. Carter's 1st "First" was when we went out my grandparents house for a little family reunion. My dad and I decided to hop on the horses and go for a ride. Carter was much happier riding with grandpa than he was with me. He had fun and now he knows what horses say and gets excited when he sees them. His 2nd "First" was his new Big Boy bed. When Avery started to outgrow her bassinet, we needed to put her in the crib and kick Carter out. So we bought him a toddler bed and let him pick out his own big boy blanket and pillow. He picked Cars because he recognized Lightning McQueen and Mater. He was so cute jumping into bed that I took a bunch of pictures and had him put his hands behind his head and even get on his knees and pretend to be saying his prayers. This picture is the cutest though. He just looks like a big boy sitting in his bed. We thought we would have a really rough first night because of the stories we'd heard from friends. But he slept so good his first night.


When we went in to wake him the next morning for church, we found him laying on the floor fast asleep. I laughed my guts out and took a picture. Apparently the floor was more comfy. He did that for a few nights and then we figured out that the pillow was too big for him. He sleeps better without one......for now. His 3rd "First" was today. Hair cut day. I was a little hesitant in scheduling the appointment because I know what he's like when we try to do it but he did so good!! At first he started to cry but when we told him he could have a sucker when he was done he stopped crying immediately. Heather our hairdresser has a son the same age and she did so good with him. He held very still for her and she did a good job on his hair cut. Doesnt he look so handsome!!! My little boy is growing up so fast. I love experiencing all of these firsts with him but at the same time it means he's growing up and I dont want him to. I guess I will have to get over it though. My little boy is now a Big Boy.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love the picture of him on the floor! That is so cute! They grow up too fast. He's a doll!

Roxanne said...

Hi Nick & Dani! (in case you don't remember me Dani- I'm Brady, Donnie & Heather's mom) Your family looks wonderful and I am soooooooooo happy for all of you! Isn't this a fun world- blogging- you can catch up with people in your life that you've loved for so long! Take care and God bless! (ps-tell all Nick's family hi for me-k?)

Roxanne said...

Okay you guys! I "tagged' you- check out my blog for the rules and stuff and have fun with it!