Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm A Survivor


I went to bed at midnight and talked to Nick for an hour. At 1:45 am Carter came into our room (not crying). I picked him up and carried him back to his bed and he asked me to sit with him. I did until he fell asleep and then went back to bed. Five minutes later I heard him crying for me so I went in his room and laid on the floor next to his bed with a blanket. For some reason he wouldnt go back to sleep but he still hadnt asked for a bottle. I asked him if he wanted to sit on the recliner in the living room with me and he jumped right out of bed with his Cars blankie. When we sat down he started crying again and then finally asked for a bottle. I reminded him that he threw them away so the Bottle Fairy could take them to the new babies at the hospital. A few seconds later he stopped crying and fell asleep. I put him back to bed and shut his night light off since it was pretty bright. I figured that may be the reason he couldn't go to sleep. As soon as I did that he never got up again!!! At 7:07 am he came walking into our room. When Nick set him up on the bed he asked to pick a prize out of his bag.......he wasnt gonna forget! I got up to go get the bag from his room and he yelled to me that he wanted the M&M's! He already knew which prize he wanted. He was so cute. He picked the little baggie with Smarties, Sixlets and of course M&M's. He put them in his mouth pretending to be an walrus. Nick and I gave him high fives and told him how proud we were of him. He just grinned from ear to ear. I think we have a Big Boy on our hands now!!!




3 comments:

Goodwin Family said...

what a fun idea!! I'm glad that he did so well the first night! it's a piece of cake from here on!

Roxanne said...

you're such a good mommy & daddy! Love the idea- an dlove the pictures!

Teneille said...

I feel really bad it has been so long since we hung out. We definitely need to get together. Congratulations on the new house I'm so excited for you because I know you really wanted to move.