Thursday, June 4, 2009

Short and Sweet

I always feel like I have to blog with a ton of pictures and lots of fun news and then I get so discouraged because it will take me forever to blog it all. So what im gonna start doing is blogging random things..quickly and maybe even sometimes without pictures!! I need to do it so that I can count this as my journaling. So far....here's a recap since the last blog. Short and sweet!
1. Avery turned 1....it was a great day but sad for me. My baby is one and getting bigger.
2. I turned 31....again a good day but sad for me. :( I hate getting older too. Nick took me to a beautiful themed suite and dinner. It was really fun.
3. Carter tried to potty train and did really good but got really distracted because it was so nice outside and never wanted to come in to go potty. So we gave up....Honestly, I wasnt ready. :)
4. I had an awesome Mothers Day. The kids gave me a maple tree to plant in our front yard to watch grow as they grow....how thoughtful. Nick changed all of the diapers and we had a BBQ.
5. Carter called me at work the other day to tell me he pooped in the potty all by himself.
6. We planted grass in our yard, had a sprinkler system installed and just got A/C installed.
7. I heard some sad news about a friend of a friend. My friend Jen has a friend named Angela who has a little girl named Tegan and she has just recently been diagnosed with MRT, a rare form of cancer that only affects 15 people a year! Jen organized many fundraising events for Tegan. I have offered to help because seeing what this little girl and her family are going through is heart breaking and it really maked me appreciate the healthy children I have. If anyone is interested in the fundraising events go to teganlyn.blogspot.com or click on the link on my side bar labeled Tegan Lyn. If anyone would like to make a donation or help in anyway please let me know. Any donations are appreciated. The main fundraiser will be next week June 12 and 13 at the Diamond Court Apartments. There will be a yard sale where the money earned from all items sold will go to the family. They will also be selling raffle tickets for some really awesome prizes. I hope there will be a huge turnout!
8. Summer is here...kind of...and Im looking for fun ideas to do things with the kids on my day off. Hopefully we can go swimming or something. If anyone is interested in a play date let me know. My kids need to get out of the house and play with other kids! I am really looking forward to the summer. I might try and add just pictures tomorrow. I have a ton of them.
9 My sister and her family coming down for the fourth of July and I am really excited. Ive got some stuff planned and hope to keep everyone entertained....especially myself and the kids. :)
10. I went to the foot doctor because I have been having tremendous pain in my heel. I have plantar fasciitis and had custom insoles made....which were expensive and so far have not done anything to help relieve the pain. My next option is probably surgery....which I am totally avoiding. Im going to see how the next months go and then make up my mind....so wish me luck.
11. Carter got pneumonia and was pretty sick. He was so weak he couldnt even sit up to let me dress him. It was so sad! But he recovered quickly and is healthy now.
12. Avery is trying to walk....but only when she wants to. She is stubborn and if youre not paying her any attention, she'll walk all over!!
13. We found out that we are adding a new niece and a nephew to the Bullock side of the family. We are super excited to have one of each. Cassie is due at the end of October and Erika is due at the start of November. Why cant anyone in our family have a summer baby? They are all winter babies!! Sheesh..... :)
Well there it is....the long and short of it all. Happy Blogging!!!

1 comment:

miraclefortegan said...

loved it! Thanks so much for helping me with the fund raiser, you are such a great friend. And yes, it's true I have your back heaven forbid anything ever happens! We didn't go yesterday either because it never really lifted. I'm so bummed. You are wonderful, thank you so so much. Watch channel 8 at 5 and 6 today, the interview will be on, I'm a little nervous, I have to say. Anyway, you're great!