Friday, July 18, 2008

Surviving Seattle

So I decided to take the long 12 hour drive to Seattle with my parents and my 2 kids to visit my sister, Amanda, who is 8 1/2 months pregnant. We left Tuesday night and the drive nearly killed me mostly because my dad is a scary driver and my ankles swelled to 3 times their size from sitting and not moving around for 12 hours. Plus my son found it difficult to sleep sitting upright when it was bed time and needed to scream every 30 minutes just to remind us of his discomfort. I actually felt sorry for him because I could move around in the van and I was uncomfortable. I can only imagine how it would feel being strapped in. We tried to get out and stretch as often as possible but apparently it wasnt enough. And then to make the trip worse, my parents used their GPS to see how it would get us to Amanda's house. The stupid thing never got us lost but took us the long way twice and mad our trip even that much longer. I warned my parents that if they used it on the way home, I was throwing it out the window. I wish I would have remembered to take a picture of how packed our van was and how little room we had to move. Plus I wanted everyone to see my massive ankles. They werent just cankles they were more like thankles. I actually got worried enough about it that I called my husband, who is a nurse, to ask what I should do. But they went down the next day and Im good to go. We've decided that when we leave on Sunday to drive home we will stop every 2 hours for 30 minutes. I hope that helps everyone.

No comments: